We are looking for a talented Finance Lead who strives to design, develop and maintain finance solutions and financial information at Toggl to enable effective budgeting, financial reporting, financial discipline and support decision making on management level.
The salary for this position is €85,000 annually and we are committed to increasing salaries every year based on company and individual performance.
You can work from anywhere in Europe.
As the leader of a small, cross-functional finance team, this role will be dynamic and hands-on at first, but we expect you to take a strategic grip of our finance domain shortly after settling in.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop, automate, and take ownership of budgeting and financial reporting processes that will empower our awesome remote team to make informed decisions;
- Ensure financial compliance according to local and group policies;
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls and audits;
- Work closely mainly with Toggl’s senior management team to answer questions that inform and validate both current financial situation, as well as future financial outlook of the company and provide our team with the insights they need, where and when they need it;
- Lead a small finance team and coordinate cooperation with external service providers.
One day you may be crunching through the numbers and preparing management reporting, another you could be designing a new automated financial process or coming up with a strategic direction for Toggl’s finance domain.
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
We are looking for someone with significant experience in finance who can think strategically about how the finance function works within a mature SAAS company.
In particular, we would love to hear from you if:
- You have significant leadership experience. You take the well-being and growth of your team seriously and want to help each team-member succeed in their role. You give genuine, candid and productive feedback that helps the receiver learn and improve, even in difficult situations;
- You have a good understanding of financial reporting and the ability to distill complex analysis into accurate and easily understandable takeaways will be keys to your success;
- You have strong instincts and judgment about the business-side implications of sound financial management and planning;
- You feel comfortable working with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their needs towards all things finance;
- Your English communication, both written and verbal, is great and you prefer to over- rather than under-communicate. You like transparency, openness, and asking questions;
- You lead by example and never say “that’s not my job.” You are accountable for your team’s results, good or bad. You give credit where credit is due, and take responsibility for failure when necessary.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience with investor relations management or you have gone through a process where the company acquired external investments.
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work—we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on tenure)
- Laptop budget up to 2,500€ and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office and an additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)