Are you passionate about building reliable and scalable systems, creating connections between both internal and external systems, creating strong internal APIs, and iterating on our payments systems to help provide our customers with the value they need? We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is API focused and can understand how to build REST based APIs for both internal and external consumers. If you’re someone who wants to not only build systems but also help us iterate on improving how we deliver every step of the way, then read on!
As part of our Connections team, you will have the opportunity to drive forward our billing systems, as well as how customers engage with their leads in our system. You will have the opportunity to find creative solutions, and be empowered to take risks while designing and building out your solutions.
Join Unbounce and help the world experience better marketing. We’re a people first, customer obsessed company focused on helping employees do their best work. Our landing page and conversion platform empower digital marketing teams and agencies to launch campaigns, increase conversions and get significantly better ROI on their marketing spend in a way that nobody else does today.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be scoping, designing and implementing technical improvements to our internal and external APIs, ensuring high reliability, performance, and cost efficiency
- Work closely with your team to solve problems, and identify what opportunities are feasible
- Iterating and improving our billing API to allow us to better serve our customers
- Profiling and analyzing our software under real-world, production conditions
- Ensure that your team strikes a good balance between testing coverage and development speed, and will be advocating for test-driven development
A little bit about you:
- You have experience with at least 1 of the following: REST APIs, GraphQL, Feature Flagging Systems, Typescript with a strong desire to learn about the others
- Building scalable and maintainable backend services excite you
- You are familiar with codified infrastructure in the cloud. We use Kubernetes and Lambda on AWS
- You have experience with the full software development lifecycle – from ideation through to operating backend production services, and are familiar with the needs of an internally focused development team
- You are excited to learn and practice the foundations of big-picture thinking, and can effectively manage trade-offs, balancing technical complexities with functional requirements
- You have a thirst for technical excellence, are eager to learn from those around you, and enjoy the possibility of mentoring and coaching the growth of others
- You have a passion for teamwork and collaboration knowing that the best successes are ones accomplished as a team
Share our values:
- Being Real
What’s in it for you:
- A remote-friendly office with flexible hours – for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada with the option to work from our Vancouver office
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas holiday closure – you’re entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus – $1,000.00
- 12 personal wellness days (this includes: personal day, moving day, sick day, etc)
- Health and wellness budget – $500.00
- WFH allowance – $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Professional development time
Please note that we currently do not have a legal entity set up to operate as an employer of record in Quebec. We thank you for your consideration but we are unable to accept candidates from Quebec at this time.
Unbounce Welcomes You to be YOU!
At Unbounce, we want every employee to be excited to bring their full, authentic self to work. When you bring your unique experiences, background, knowledge, perspective, and self-expression while embracing the same from others we learn from each other. We innovate and co-create an environment where Unbouncers can do the best work of their careers. We’re bolder and more brilliant together.
We’re dedicated to ensuring each Unbouncer feels a sense of belonging, feels safe, cared for, respected and valued for who they are, and trusts that their unique voice is heard, embraced, and meaningfully contributes to decision-making. We’re committed to equitable employee experience, opportunity, pay and support for every employee regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, family or marital status, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, education, disability, or any other characteristic that makes you unique.
We have no tolerance for sexism, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism, or any other forms of hateful/harmful discrimination and we’re taking action against unequal pay in our community through leading the #PayUpforProgress movement.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.