Junior Key Account Manager – General Merchandising
Daraz is South Asia’s leading on”ne shopping and selling platform in Sri Lanka, Bar-Wadesh, Pakistan, Myanmar & Nepal. We currently operate an ecosystem of over 115,000 sellers, serving S million plus consumers with more than 20 million listed products. In 2018, Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group & we are proud to carry our part of the mission to ‘make it easy to do business anywhere’. We are leveraging Alibab*s global leadership in technology, online commerce, mobile payment & logistics to drive growth in our markets. Together with Alibaba, we are ready to empower entrepreneurs in the region & fulfil our promise to offer our customers the best selection of trusted products with a high level of convenience. Our Organization is O’aracterized by smart talent with lots of energy & innovation. We have a culture which is extremely performance oriented, data driven & behave in letting the best people & ideas grow.
- Drive overall assortment build of the category via both an expansion of current seller assortment and identifying, prospecting & recruiting new sellers to build a wider within the category.
- Increase sales and orders within the category by being responsible for Daraz’s price positioning and initiating renegotiations of pricing on strategic brands and products within the category.
- Develop and execute category-based promotional campaigns in alignment with overall promotions to boost sales of the specific category.
- Responsible for category management in terms of product boosting, category banners and vendor shops.
- Category Management also includes analysis and category deep dives to track performances and identify development opportunities (including retainers, business to business, offline and special campaign deals) and act upon them to optimize growth.
- Responsible for category performance management in terms of working in close proximity with Customer Service and Logistics department to make sure that the customer orders are attended to and fulfilled on time.
- Working closely with support functions such as Traffic Ops Marketing, Operations, Production & Customer Service to ensure a smooth flow of operations and fulfillment of targets and KPIs on a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/ Business Management or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Having a relevant network of industry contacts with major brand retailers, wholesalers, importers, manufacturers and exporters.
- Having 1 to 2 years of work experience in similar industry / position.
- Automobile or Motors Category specific experience and knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (especially Excel) and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English & Sinhala. Tamil is an added “vantage.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work independently.
- Strong abilities to function well in a fast-paced & pressurized work environment.
- Be highly energetic, charismatic and have a hunger for success.
If you feel ready to take up the challenge, please forward your resume along with a recent photograph, cover letter and details of two non-related referees to email@example.com with the post applied for mentioned in the subject line.
Daraz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.