Lead – Data Analyst
• Responsible for the delivery of advanced analytics, reporting and BI applications to support decision making processes for all key users within the Digital/Payment/CRM business unit.
• Understanding of payment systems principles and practices and compliance with digital and banking policies.
• Business counterpart and single point of contact for all data related inquiries and requirements to facilitate an efficient collaboration process with your stakeholders: Business Analytics, Business and Data teams.
• Lead a team of data analysts through all phases of a BI project lifecycle by applying company best practices in the rollout of BI solutions for Payments Solutions.
• Contribute to the overall data warehouse strategy on data points sitting within your supporting business unit to simplify the access to data and improve the overall data foundation for reporting.
• Defining a strategy to increase data literacy and data understanding within Digital/Payment/CRM in alignment with peers from other Business Units and Data teams.
• Provide use case driven BI tool training on various Data Products available within daraz.
• Consult business partners on BI solutions for key strategic business unit initiatives.
• Developing an in-depth understanding of underlying data, data model and business domain to ensure reports meet Digital/Payment/CRM needs.
• Create technical documentation of report logic and processes for both – internal usage in Data Product team and as documentation for end-users.
• Strong education background with degrees in Business Administration, Engineering or Information Systems (preferred).
• Min 4 years of Payments Solutions experience with minimum one year as team lead and proven track record of successfully finished projects.
• Understanding of E-commerce principles and reporting needs.
• Familiar and comfortable with large volumes of data and data technology.
• Very strong understanding of SQL.
• Ability to work independently, and escalate issues and seek guidance as necessary.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written, oral communication and documentation skills.
• High interest in new technologies related to Data/Business Intelligence/Analytics (e.g. SQL, Hive, Hadoop).
• A self-motivated, driven, flexible, quick learning, high achieving, “can do” mentality.