At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work.”
The Senior Manager of Quality will lead an organizational transformation from a mostly-manual approach to testing, mostly performed by the QA team, to an organization-wide culture of quality with automation at the core to handle easily repeatable steps at every possible layer of technology and fully integrated into the agile SDLC.
What You’ll Do:
- The Senior Manager, QA will be responsible for the following:
Scope & Responsibility:
- Directly manages a team of Quality Assurance professionals.
- Stands up new automation tools
- Teaches & mentors both test engineers and developers about automation best practices for mobile & web applications, including device testing
- Guides test engineers and developers on best practices of unit tests, integration tests, API tests, UI tests, end-to-end tests, load & performance tests
- Works closely with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to develop new features with qualityDefines our transformative strategy, maintains a holistic test plan and directs our investments to minimize regressions at scale
- Sets and tracks quality objectives and key indicators, and ensures shared ownership of these across Product Development
- Drives and leads investments in tooling, processes, and standards that improve our ability to achieve quality efficiently, methodically, and at scale
- Works with other engineering leaders to set quality benchmarks/standards and ensure the success of engineering across TeamSnap
- Encourages and drives shared ownership of test automation between test engineers and developers
- Contributes hands on as needed
- Day-to-day leadership of a team or teams of Quality Assurance professionals
- Diagnoses the strengths and gaps and works to provide/fill
- 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management
- Responsible for building a great QA team via hiring and growth
- Models and perpetuates a strong engineering and quality culture
- Procures and guides services that compliment our team, to maximize quality and efficiency outcomes at scale
Strategic Impact & Decision Making:
- Identifies the most high-value projects and keeps their team focused and motivated on them
- Exemplary in fostering a culture of continuous improvement, including ensuring refining the incident management and postmortem processes
- Works with peers in the Product and Engineering teams to plan future projects, roadmaps, and develop strategies. Helps evolve roadmaps based on technical strategy & constraints. Helps to define & create new product abilities by changing technical strategy or constraints
- Works across teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- 2+ years experience managing manual testers and automation engineers
- 4+ years experience with mobile & web automation tools
- Experience introducing new tools & best practices at an org-wide level
- Must have great communication skills and exemplify a positive attitude
Got cold feet? If you’re thinking you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. We’re all humans with special talents that go beyond what’s listed here.
We’re committed to equitable compensation for all TeamSnappers. The minimum starting point for this role is $140,000, inclusive of base and bonus, with comp updated based on multiple factors. Our comp is highly competitive in our space and we adjust overall comp based on relevant experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
TeamSnap is a fully remote company, so you need to be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same time zone as you. We are always expanding, but there is a small list of states we do not hire in, including Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, and while we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
🚀 Opportunities to Grow
At TeamSnap, we work hard to provide a culture of trust, accountability, inclusivity, and boundless opportunities to grow, along with the chance to make a lasting impact and have some fun while doing it.
🎩 Total Rewards
• We’re proud to be remote-first. We’ve been remote since 2009, long before COVID made it cool
• Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
• 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
• 401K to help you invest for the future
• $1,500 annual learning and development stipend
• Travel to fun locations for all-company meetings and team events
• Generous home office allowance to set you up for success
• TeamSnap Swag to keep you looking sharp
• A monthly stipend for health & wellness and so much more!
🏆 Working at TeamSnap
At TeamSnap, you’re not a culture fit, you’re a culture add. Check out our Culture Playbook and learn how we succeed at being remote-first, what makes our company so unique, and how we’re inspired by our people, our customers, and our values.
🧡 Inclusion and Diversity
Creativity and innovation can’t thrive when we’re cookie-cutter images of each other. We’re quickly growing more diverse, but there’s always room for improvement. We are committed to inclusion and diversity at TeamSnap and this includes four employee resource groups: Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, and the Talent Acquisition Task Force, designed to reduce unconscious biases in our hiring practices. We hold ourselves accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. If you need any disability-related adaptation during the recruitment process, just let us know! We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.